Update to Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion; New Edition Dated 05/17/2018

Number of Pages

Form 6; instructions 9.

Edition Date

05/17/18. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Where to File

File your appeal or motion at the appropriate address listed on our Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion page. Do not file Form I-290B directly with the Administrative Appeals Office. 

We recommend reading our tips for filing forms with USCIS

Filing Tips for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion

Complete all sections of the form that apply to you. We will reject the form if it is the incorrect version, if the fee is incorrect or not paid, or if the following fields are left blank:

  • Part 1 – Information About the Applicant or Petitioner
    • If you are the beneficiary of a revoked Form I-140 with a favorably adjudicated porting request, and we have advised you that you may file an appeal using Form I-290B, provide the information about you in Part 1.
  • Family Name or Complete Name of Business/Organization
    • Mailing Address
  • Part 2 – Information About the Appeal or Motion
    • You must select only one box indicating that you are filing an appeal or motion, not both. If you select more than one box, we may reject your filing.

For additional filing assistance, please visit the AAO Practice Manual.

Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject and return any unsigned form.

Filing Fee

$675. You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.  When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Service centers cannot process credit card payments. Use our Fee Calculator to help determine your fee.

We will not refund any fees, regardless of the action we take in your case.

If you are a special immigrant Iraqi or Afghan national who worked for or on behalf of the U.S. government, you do not need to pay a fee when you file Form I-290B to appeal a denial of a petition for a special immigrant visa.

Special Instructions

Related Links

Powered by WPeMatico