Purpose of Form
Use this form to request further action on a previously approved application or petition.
Number of Pages
Form 7; instructions 10.
11/01/17. Starting 04/23/2018, we will only accept the 11/01/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
For applicants filing with USCIS:
- File this form with the correct USCIS Lockbox facility. You can find a complete list of filing addresses on our website. Exception: If you are filing Form I-824 with another USCIS form, mail your Form I-824 according to the filing instructions of the other form.
- Read important filing tips, and additional information on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.
- We will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application is still pending or has been denied.
- Do not use this form to verify the status of a pending petition or application.
For applicants filing with CBP:
- File this form at a designated CBP land border port of entry, a CBP preclearance office listed at cbp.gov, or it mail to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Admissibility Review Office, at the address specified on the CBP website.
Filing Tips for Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 3 – Other Information
- Receipt Number (on Form I-797, Notice of Action)
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
Powered by WPeMatico